Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wedding and Baby Shower Ideas

Okay, I've reached the point where it's time to harness the collective powers of the interwebs, and you, my trustworthy and awesome readers.  Because I have two wedding showers (conventional and lingerie) and a VIP baby shower (nothing halfway for my niece or nephew!) to put together over the next few months.  And I need ideas!  I thrown several showers over the years, but I feel like now that I am older and a little more creative, perhaps I can do a little more.

I do think I will be able to borrow a couple of ideas from the baby shower they threw for my cousin, Megan, a couple Saturdays ago.  It was a seriously cute shower.  You don't believe me?  Check out these pics...

Megan's mom made the cake
 These jars were the weights for balloon bouquets on the tables
 Keeping with the country theme, table favors were bags of peanuts
 And get a load of this diaper cake!
 And this sign they ordered to match the invites.

So, let me have it, people!  I would love to see some of your ideas.  It can be something you've done, or a website you love, just share!  Looking forward to the comments on this one!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'm from another generation so this may be out of style, but one thing I'll never forget is a recorded interview they did with the groom. They asked the bride the same questions first, and then played his answers. It was funny and also made everyone cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right on target, Missy! That is something we have done in the past. We play it a little like The (Almost) Newlywed Game! It's great fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...