Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

I'll be the first to admit that I have actually been avoiding all of the anniversary coverage.  I was keenly aware of the first reason--having all of my family flying home from my cousin's Colorado wedding today.  But the other reason didn't occur to me until this morning, and it's probably the bigger reason.  I didn't want to remember how I felt that day--the sadness and the fear.  I didn't want to start the tears that may not stop.  I have no trouble remembering.  It's the feeling that I can't always take.  But today, like so many days, is not about me.

May God grant peace to families whose lives were changed forever on this day.  May God bless the innocents and heroes who went on to their Heavenly reward, and those who survived to tell their stories of that day ten years ago.  May God use this day to remind our leaders of the spirit of unity of those days after.  May God have mercy on us all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...