- My amazing mother surprised me at work today with Larry's cookies to celebrate my birthday! (Which is actually Saturday, but I won't be here tomorrow because I took the day off.) Anyway, she left a box by my door and put a big box in the teacher's lounge, and I was so happy because there's nothing better than treats on your birthday! (And it made the celebration that much longer!)
- I have to go renew my license today after school. I am not excited about this because I love my current picture and am sad I am going to lose it, and who really gets excited about going to the DMV? Anyway, the ladies at this particular one aren't so bad, so I am hoping for a quick and easy process with no driving tests.
- I am so excited about this weekend I can hardly stand it. I will be the first to admit that I love attention, and having three whole days of birthday festivities is right up my alley.
- I have not seen Amber in almost two weeks. I cannot remember the last time this happened, but will remedy the situation on Friday night. We will be the girls talking at speeds that give Lorelai and Rory a run for their money in an effort to catch up and laughing at things no one else thinks are funny. That's just how we roll.
- Have I mentioned that I am getting my hair done on Tuesday? Because it can't come soon enough. My hair grows not just in length but in volume and I haven't had it cut since the spring. I still not going to cut length until after the wedding, but the color and volume are about to change! Hallelujah! Thanks be to Jennifer!
- I realize that I am rambling, but that's what happens when I am overexcited. Feel free to stop reading if it bothers you. I will totally understand.
- One of my first thoughts this morning: "Too bad champagne is not considered an appropriate weekday breakfast food." (It might be time to go to the store again.)
- Speaking of, my oven is broken. The element has gone out, which in my stove is a relatively cheap repair, but it means that I am now limited to things I can cook in the stove or microwave until it's fixed. Which made me really sad when I wanted my CPK barbeque chicken pizza last night.
- I asked my parents for a new storm door for my birthday. Is this a sign I really am getting old?
- I've lost almost four and a half pounds this week. Wish I knew how because then I could repeat it.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Sugar-Induced Thursday List
I have a couple of posts I need to do about Sheena's Bachelorette Party and Casey's fabulous cooking at said party, but I haven't uploaded the pictures yet because I am a slacker. So, here we are on Thursday, with a random list of announcements.
Posted by Katie at Thursday, September 29, 2011