Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sugar-Induced Thursday List

I have a couple of posts I need to do about Sheena's Bachelorette Party and Casey's fabulous cooking at said party, but I haven't uploaded the pictures yet because I am a slacker.  So, here we are on Thursday, with a random list of announcements.
  • My amazing mother surprised me at work today with Larry's cookies to celebrate my birthday!  (Which is actually Saturday, but I won't be here tomorrow because I took the day off.)  Anyway, she left a box by my door and put a big box in the teacher's lounge, and I was so happy because there's nothing better than treats on your birthday!  (And it made the celebration that much longer!)
  • I have to go renew my license today after school.  I am not excited about this because I love my current picture and am sad I am going to lose it, and who really gets excited about going to the DMV?  Anyway, the ladies at this particular one aren't so bad, so I am hoping for a quick and easy process with no driving tests.
  • I am so excited about this weekend I can hardly stand it.  I will be the first to admit that I love attention, and having three whole days of birthday festivities is right up my alley.
  • I have not seen Amber in almost two weeks.  I cannot remember the last time this happened, but will remedy the situation on Friday night.  We will be the girls talking at speeds that give Lorelai and Rory a run for their money in an effort to catch up and laughing at things no one else thinks are funny.  That's just how we roll.
  • Have I mentioned that I am getting my hair done on Tuesday?  Because it can't come soon enough.  My hair grows not just in length but in volume and I haven't had it cut since the spring.  I still not going to cut length until after the wedding, but the color and volume are about to change!  Hallelujah!  Thanks be to Jennifer!
  • I realize that I am rambling, but that's what happens when I am overexcited.  Feel free to stop reading if it bothers you.  I will totally understand.
  • One of my first thoughts this morning:  "Too bad champagne is not considered an appropriate weekday breakfast food."  (It might be time to go to the store again.)
  • Speaking of, my oven is broken.  The element has gone out, which in my stove is a relatively cheap repair, but it means that I am now limited to things I can cook in the stove or microwave until it's fixed.  Which made me really sad when I wanted my CPK barbeque chicken pizza last night.
  • I asked my parents for a new storm door for my birthday.  Is this a sign I really am getting old?
  • I've lost almost four and a half pounds this week.  Wish I knew how because then I could repeat it.
Got any random thoughts on this Thursday?  Feel free to share them in the comments!  (Comments make my day!)

5 comments:

  1. My daughter wants a queen sized mattress for Christmas...I guess she's officially a grown up now : )

    I like rambly posts...have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer your final bullet point, I suggest you consult that one about champagne being a breakfast item...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amber Thing is, I haven't eaten differently. I ate all of Casey's wonderful food on Satruday too! Who knows?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted a Bloody Mary at 9am....and I don't even like Bloody Marys. And a storm door is a perfectly acceptable request.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the weight loss! that's amazing!

    is it your birthday soon? happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...