Monday, September 26, 2011

What I Want For My Birthday

I may have mentioned it once or twice, but my birthday is coming up.  I wax on about wanting to be less materialistic, and I really, really want to be.  But, at the same time, I really like opening birthday presents.  Chalk it up to women being complicated creatures, I suppose.  Either way, there are a few things I would really like for my birthday...
  • Free reign at my favorite antique store, Annie Laurie's---I have had myself on a self-imposed exile most of the summer in an attempt to save money, but I am really jonesing for a spree.  Laurie's always got the best stuff and she's a fun person on top of this.  (You can check out their blog in the sidebar.)
  • The music on my iTunes wish list--All of it.  Which I should probably mention was over $400 the last time I checked.  (We're gonna need a bigger iPod...)
  • A fairy housekeeper---Not joking about my inability to keep my house clean, people.
  • At least three more hours of sleep a night---I don't think this needs any explanation.  Seriously, there are not enough hours in a day.
  • The ability to eat all of Casey's awesome food and not gain any weight---just wait until later this week when I show you all the shower food, people.  You are going to die.  (I felt like I might actually die.)
  • Something done with this hair---I've been growing it out for Sheena's wedding, but it's just about to do me in.  Luckily, this wish I am fulfilling myself, but not until next Tuesday.
  • A classic piece of jewelry, with preference to diamonds--I had always thought that by the time I turned 30, I would have my stuff together and even if I hadn't gotten married, I would buy myself something nice.  But I haven't socked away any extra money towards this cause, so I guess I will just have to deal.  There are worse things in the world.
But more than anything else, I want to have a great weekend filled with all the people I love and adore.  It's cliche, but that really is the best possible gift.

2 comments:

  1. Hope all your wishes come true...send the cleaning fairy my way when she's finished at your house : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, some interesting and expensive items on the list, not sure I can help with any of them. But I do hope you have a fun filled and very happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...