Monday, November 21, 2011

Let The Games Begin!

I haven't done a weekend recap in a while, but this weekend provided a lot to blog about (not that I have pictures to show for it, of course!).  Let's start at the top....

Friday night, I met up with Amber for dinner as per the usual.  We had lots to talk about since we hadn't met up for a couple weeks!  We then joined up with more friends and went to hear our favorite local band play.  It has been a long time since I laughed as hard as I did that night!  The band was great, but the company was better.

Saturday, I got up bright and early (which was a little painful since I didn't get in until 2 AM), for a day at the craft fair with Mom, LuLu, and Mel (my SIL).  We hit the show right as the doors opened and 10:00, and spent the entire day there, leaving around 5:00.  Of course, we did break for lunch, as there are some things more serious than shopping!  I actually got part of my Christmas shopping done, which is a rarity, since I am one of those people still buying things the week of.  It was nice to just hang out with my family and to buy things for my niece (due this January!).  I will try to post some pictures this week of some of the goodies that aren't Christmas presents.  We got some great things, but after a lot of consideration, we decided that maybe we should open our own craft booth.  (Half serious, half joking.  Stay tuned...)

Sunday, I went to the church I talked about last week (in the post that caused a serious uptick in local readers), and loved it yet again.  When I am there, I am sure that I am in the right place.  This week, LuLu joined me and I think she felt the same way.  It feels so good to be excited about church again, and with the changes going on in this particular congregation, it's plain that we are on the ground floor of something big.  I can't wait to see what God is going to do!

And tonight marks my favorite time of the year--the start of the high school basketball season!  For as long as I can remember, basketball has played a big part in my life.  I never played, as I have a serious coordination deficit.  But, I remember being in first and second grade, maybe younger, and going to games all the time (of course, I went to play dolls with my friends at the time, but you get the idea).  Of course, I went once I was in junior high and high school, social butterfly that I am.  By the time I graduated, my brother was playing, and by the end of that, I was teaching.  To me, basketball marks the start of the holidays and ultimately the winter.  And though it's my best kept secret, I'm very much a sports junkie.  With so much talk about the corruption in the college game, there's just something special about the pure sport at the high school level.  Plus, it's a place where being loud is mostly encouraged, which is always a plus for me.

All this and it's a two-day work week!  I can hardly stand it!  What did you do this weekend?  Anything fun?  Tell me all about it in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...