Monday, December 19, 2011

The Streak Continues

Let's start with the good news.  My washer and dryer are working again!!  As it turns out, the unit, which is one of those stacked numbers, had been slowly coming unplugged.  So, as soon as Dad got it plugged in, it went back to working.  In addition, while "fixing" them, Dad realized that my dryer vent thingy needed to be replaced, so he did that, too.  And mopped my floor.  And fixed my vacuum.  (Seriously, Santa is going to be very, very good to him!)

Now, to the slightly less than great news.  This happened on Saturday night:

That, my people, is what happens when you hit a big buck (deer) on the interstate at 65 mph.  And I was very blessed, because it could have been so much worse.  The deer didn't fly up and hit my windshield and the airbag didn't deploy.  There weren't cars near me, so there wasn't a secondary crash.  I was able to drive almost ten miles to a safe place off the interstate.  The state police officer who happened by was a family friend who stayed with me until the wrecker and my parents got there.  So, guess who is going to check out new cars this week? 

Was your weekend as exciting?  I'm dying to hear all about it in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. You are very lucky to not have been hurt in that crash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry! When I was in high school, I "hit" a deer. I sat on the side of the road crying until my parents came to get me, and then my dad informed me that I did not actually hit it. I grazed it. There was some hair on my license plate, but no actual damage. Except to my psyche, cause now when I drive by deer I get terrified.

    Glad you're okay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your Dad is santa!!! Was the deer okay? Have fun car shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's safe to say that the deer has gone to a better place, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rebecca Louise. I am afraid, my dear Rebecca, that the deer did not survive this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you were not hurt in the ordeal. Then 2012 starts with new car and new everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...so glad you're okay! We went to a wedding in Chicago...much tamer than your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...