Monday, December 19, 2011

The Streak Continues

Let's start with the good news.  My washer and dryer are working again!!  As it turns out, the unit, which is one of those stacked numbers, had been slowly coming unplugged.  So, as soon as Dad got it plugged in, it went back to working.  In addition, while "fixing" them, Dad realized that my dryer vent thingy needed to be replaced, so he did that, too.  And mopped my floor.  And fixed my vacuum.  (Seriously, Santa is going to be very, very good to him!)

Now, to the slightly less than great news.  This happened on Saturday night:

That, my people, is what happens when you hit a big buck (deer) on the interstate at 65 mph.  And I was very blessed, because it could have been so much worse.  The deer didn't fly up and hit my windshield and the airbag didn't deploy.  There weren't cars near me, so there wasn't a secondary crash.  I was able to drive almost ten miles to a safe place off the interstate.  The state police officer who happened by was a family friend who stayed with me until the wrecker and my parents got there.  So, guess who is going to check out new cars this week? 

Was your weekend as exciting?  I'm dying to hear all about it in the comments!

13 comments:

  1. You are very lucky to not have been hurt in that crash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry! When I was in high school, I "hit" a deer. I sat on the side of the road crying until my parents came to get me, and then my dad informed me that I did not actually hit it. I grazed it. There was some hair on my license plate, but no actual damage. Except to my psyche, cause now when I drive by deer I get terrified.

    Glad you're okay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your Dad is santa!!! Was the deer okay? Have fun car shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's safe to say that the deer has gone to a better place, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rebecca Louise. I am afraid, my dear Rebecca, that the deer did not survive this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you were not hurt in the ordeal. Then 2012 starts with new car and new everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...so glad you're okay! We went to a wedding in Chicago...much tamer than your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
    free car removal hobart
    cash paid for cars hobart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up!
    car removal brisbane
    car removal in brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. Cash Car Wreckers makes it simple to get car removals adelaide for truck, SUV, Ute, sedan, van, 4×4, hatchback, or even bus. We make it simple to sell your used, junk, accident, or damaged vehicles for top dollars. We provide you with a cash quote for your car online or via call, which you may accept or reject. It’s that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I found your website on google and found it very useful and informative for our business and I also shared your website with my other friends also. Best Cash For Carz is a locally owned cash for cars business in Melbourne, VIC. We started this business with an aim to provide customers with a quick and efficient way to sell their vehicles without leaving their homes. We have over a decade of experience in Melbourne’s automobile market and have hired industry experts to help us along the way. We purchase a variety of junk and scrap car yard melbourne and pay market competitive prices for them and remove it from your premises for FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great information for blogger I am a professional blogger thanks. North Coast Wreckers provide the best used or new car parts at an affordable price. Whether you are looking for an auto part for your engine. used auto parts townsville is an auto part recycler operating all over Townsville offering pickup and drop off services of all the auto parts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. There’s nothing better than a free service – except when you add to the equation a top-dollar payment up to $9,999! We buy cars. We resell or recycle them. There is no third person involve that means you get the best value. In fact, better value as compare to a dealer or wrecker.Get top cash for your old or junk car, Local sell my car for cash is the best and safest place to sell your unwanted car. Call Us Now 0483 333 000

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...