Thursday, December 8, 2011

The X Factor

Okay, so I don't watch this show often.  I actually only caught the end of it tonight because Bones was on.  But let me give you a brief overview of the five minutes I saw.  The announcer guy makes Ryan Seacrest look cuddly, or at the least like less of a robot created to fill the gap in entertainment left by the retirement of  Dick Clark.  After the two finalist performed, the jerkface announcer begins to ask (which I realize is part of the job) each of the judges to openly say who they want to send home, making sure to reiterate that they would be sending one performer on to the finals while another's dream was crushed.  This led to eventually making a child (I'm not sure how old she is, but she's barely a teen if at all) sob as she wasn't chosen live on national television while they made sure to get the best angles for America's viewing pleasure.  It was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.  It made me a little sick to my stomach, and I had to turn away.  Let's just say this is why I don't watch most reality shows.

3 comments:

  1. My husband loves this show so I have seen it. The childs name is Rachel and she is only 12. Let me tell you this child has got some pipes and why they sent her home i do not know. I am glad I was working tonight and did not have to watch. I would have cried right along with her. We will see this child again though she is GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Becky I did see her final song, which was incredible, but missed the guy's song. (So I don't really have a comparison as far as what she was up against.) But hearing her sob and watching the announcer keep the other competitor from comforting her just kind of got under my skin. It was awful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started crying right along with her. It was SO sad. She should not have gone home yet. And, Steve, the host...can't stand him!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...