Monday, January 16, 2012

Mixing It Up

I lost count of how many years I've lived in this house, but it's several now.  When I moved in, I bought what I could afford, and made do with what my grandmother didn't take with her.  And I've done pretty well making do with the decorating decisions of my early twenties up until now, but to say that my tastes have changed seems a little mild. 

Two summers ago I redid my bedroom with rather pleasing results (though there are still a few things I want to do in there!), and I have new couches in my living room, but just about everywhere else is begging for an update.  Thank goodness for Pinterest, so I can dream big! 

The issue is that I have few viable DIY skills, as in, I have a little trouble coming up with them.  I can paint. I can spackle.  I am not to bad at arranging things.  After that, things get a little sketchy.  I already read and love Young House Love, though to say I am nowhere near that skill level seems like the understatement of the year.  So, I guess what I am asking is, do any of you, my darling and few readers, have any great places where you go to gain decorating skill?  If so, please share with the class!  (And I promise to share pictures of my attempts to make this space awesome in return for the help!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...