1. What's the last job you did that required elbow grease?
I feel a little shame in admitting this, but the last job I did that required elbow grease was cleaning out my old car before it sold. I had put it off as long as possible, because I knew that it was going to be a terrible task. If you know me, you know that my car has my life in it. At any point and time, there's school stuff and a change of clothes and goodness only know what else in there. Add to it that I had been out with my friends the night before and hadn't gotten in at anything close to a reasonable hour, and it just as rough as I imagined it might be. Upside: I found a Canon camera battery that I was pretty sure was lost and gone forever, so that's pretty much like making $50. And the car is no longer sitting in my yard. So, yay!
2. March Madness, aka the men's Division I basketball championship, is nearing an end. What sort of 'madness' has your house seen this month?
No more madness than normal. But if you saw my house, you would probably be gravely concerned about my well-being.
3. What's your favorite shop for browsing?
I love just about any store with home decor goodies or antique/flea market shops. I've also been known to spend hours just wandering around Target with no real goals, which always ends in me purchasing things I don't need but love anyway.
4. Is there ever a time when giving up makes sense?
Yes, but that doesn't mean that it's easy. There comes a time in some situations or with some people when you know you have done everything you can do and it will either happen or it won't. And that means walking away and letting it play out.
5. What's a song you love that contains the name of a city, state or country in its title?
I could play this game all day! But the first one that came to mind was "Carolina In My Mind" by James Taylor.
6. When did you first begin using a computer?
I remember using my cousin's Apple to play games in grade school. We were uptown with the giant floppy disks and the minimal graphics. By the time I was in junior high or high school we had one of our own, and now I can't imagine not having one. I mean, my phone is even practically a computer. Funny how much things can change, for better or worse, in fifteen years!
7. Did you buy girl scout cookies this year? What's your favorite?
I didn't buy cookies this year, sadly! But I will always be a Thin Mint girl. Especially cold from the freezer!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am going to really miss not having a real Spring Break on the beach this year. But getting out of school in the middle of May isn't so bad either!