- I would quit my job, effective immediately. Now, I know I am supposed to say that I would continue teaching like nothing was different, but teaching is hard work that requires great amounts of time and consideration, and I am not going to have time for all that with everything else I have planned. I adore my job and my "kids" but I promise to soften the blow...
- I would set up a sizeable foundation for my school, which is also my alma mater. There are so many things we could do if we just had the resources. After my win, that's won't be a problem.
- I would also set some money aside to build a track complex at the school, which I would want named after me, only because there's something hilarious about naming it after a short, round track coach who never ran track.
- But, with my newfound wealth, I would be getting a personal trainer to the stars and a home gym so I never again have to watch some college-age gazelle barely break a sweat on the elliptical while I sweat pools in the most unattractive way possible. Once I was gloriously healthy...
- I would travel...everywhere. I would stay in NYC until I had seen every show, spend whole months lounging at the beach, visit every nerdy history sight I could come up with, see all of the history of Europe, go on a safari and see the animals in the wild...
- And for all that traveling, I'm going to need a brand new camera with all of the lenses and lessons on how to really use the thing.
- I would buy my parents new cars and finally give my mother the kitchen of her dreams plus anything else they wanted. And give my brother & SIL and my sister a million every year, just because.
- And I would get a housekeeper, preferably one with an accent like Dorota's on Gossip Girl. Because that would just be fun!
Friday, March 30, 2012
When I Win
I don't know what your opinions are on the lottery, but tonight's record setting $540 million MegaMillions jackpot tempted me in to buying some chances. And I fully intend on winning...1 in 176 million chances be darned! Here's my plan for my winnings, because dreaming is totally the best part!
Posted by Katie at Friday, March 30, 2012