Monday, April 16, 2012

N Is For Nothing

I spent a whole weekend doing a whole lot of nothing.  I ate a lot of hushpuppies and fried potatoes, did a lot of baby holding, watched a lot of TV.  And it.was.glorious!  Because these next few weeks are going to be so full of event after event that I will gladly embrace the downtime.  (I might have even reveled in it a little!)

In the next 25 school days I will have:  four track meets, two awards banquets, the senior picnic, two graduations, the after-grad all-night party, and. oh yeah, and teaching my classes for the remainder of the semester.  It's my favorite and my least favorite time of year.  Of course, those activities don't include events for my other job or my actual personal life (which I do occasionally try to have!).  I can't wait to share Casey's birthday and our Cinco de Derby party with you all.  Because sometimes, my life really is just about having fun like a normal single girl in the world.  (Which is a challenge in and of itself!) 

But, for today and today only, my word is nothing.  It doesn't make for a very good post, but it is tremendously good for my soul. 

5 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of nothing as well. Sounds like a great weekend to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, sitting here thinking about the letter N, before I read your post...I was thinking nothing...cause sometimes nothing is the best thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds perfect! It's a rare opportunity for a teacher and obviously well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love nothing days! I'm so jealous that you only have 25 days left of school. We still have 45. Nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend. Nothing is always good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...