Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Queen's Jubilee

As far back as I can remember, I've been fascinated by the British royal family.  I've always found that rather curious as we don't have a lot of royalty in the Midwest.  It wasn't until I read Jerramy Fine's Someday My Prince Will Come that I realize I wasn't alone in my obsession.

There's something about the pageantry of it all that we just don't have here in the States.  The closest that we come is what?  An inauguration?   And even then, when was the last time that you saw a president riding down the Mississippi with a thousand ships?  Because that was awesome!


(my favorite royals--Harry, Catherine, and William)

Anyway, I say all that to say that I am going to be bummed to miss the replay of the concert tonight because I have my first summer GED class and I'm too cheap to get a DVR.  Because even this Midwestern girl has to admit that a 60-year reign is pretty impressive.  God save the Queen!

2 comments:

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...