Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 6/5


1. How many students were in your high school graduating class? Did you know most, if not all of them?

I believe that there were 37, if I'm correct.  And yes, I knew all of them, most since kindergarten, where my mom was our teacher.  That's the beauty of a small school, I suppose.  There aren't many strangers, though I would like to think that I am a lot nicer person than I was back then!


2. What was the last thing you photographed?

My sister, just yesterday,  for an ID photo that she has to send in with some of her nursing paperwork.


3. Pickles-love 'em or loathe 'em? If its love what's something you eat that needs a pickle?

LOVE THEM!  I will gladly eat pickles by themselves, but I have to have them on my burgers.  I prefer dill to bread and butter or sweet, but I will eat them all!


4. What's a stereotype you seem to perpetuate without meaning to?

Way to slip that one in with all the lightweight ones, Joyce!  : )    I'm not really sure how to answer that one.  It would probably be that single girls have cats and sit around eating ice cream in their pajamas bemoaning their fate.  I happen to like all those things, but I have to believe that I would if I were married too.  Particularly the ice cream!  I don't do a lot of bemoaning, however.  I just don't see the good in it.


5. Ever been horse back riding? If so is it something you enjoy? If not, do you have any interest? Did you watch the Kentucky Derby? Will you be watching the last leg of the Triple Crown this weekend?

I have been horseback riding.  It's not something that I would want to do often.  I'm not really scared of horses, but I don't really want to ride them much either.  I did watch the Kentucky Derby and will be watching Saturday, as this could be a moment in history!  Triple Crown contenders don't come around every day!


6. What's your favorite 'wedding' movie?

Oh my!  If you come here often, you know how I feel about movies.   And I could never pick just one.   I love The Wedding Date, My Best Friend's Wedding (the scene on the boat breaks my heart every time) (also I might have a thing for Dermot Mulroney), 27 Dresses, Bridesmaids, Father of The Bride (the remake), Made of Honor, and Love Actually (the wedding scene with everyone joining in the song!).  And those are just the ones I can think of.  Though it is very different tonally (not at all a rom-com or even all that happy), there's also Rachel Getting Married, which has an outstanding performance by Anne Hathaway.


7. What is one 'tourist attraction' in the USA that you'd like to see in person?

There are so many, particularly out West.  But the big two would be The Grand Canyon and Crater Lake.  I would also really like to see Niagara Falls, now that I think about it.  I have a lot of places I need to see!


8. Insert your own random thought here.

Okay, I know that I am the last person on this train, but seriously how good is Downton Abbey?!?!  I am watching Season 1 on Netflix right now and I cannot get enough of it.  It's not the least bit dry, even though it is a period piece, and I simply can't wait to see what's next!  The chances of me owning Season 2 in the near future are looking pretty good!  (Since only Season 1 is available for my instant queqe!)

18 comments:

  1. 37 kids! That's crazy! I had 34 in my 6th period this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in a tiny town. Sometimes the classes are smaller than that. Of course our whole district is inside one building, too.

      Delete
  2. I would love to copy that musical wedding scene from Love Actually...so great! I love My Best Friend's Wedding...we all sing along with the Lobster claws : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember correctly, I think the director said that the Love Actually scene it was inspired by Jim Henson's funeral, where they did something similar.

      Delete
  3. I've been to Grand Canyon and Crater Lake and I thought Crater Lake was absolutely breathtaking. It really is that blue. People see our photos and think we are standing in front of a backdrop because it looks so unreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandparents have been to Crater Lake and they said the same thing! One of the reasons why I would love to go!

      Delete
  4. I want to see the Grand Canyon and Crater Lake, too. Like you, I want to see many of the attractions out west. It's so different from the east that it's gotta be experienced in my lifetime. Now following...~Cathy

    Chit-Chat & Hodgepodge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! I've just never been out West past Colorado and New Mexico, and even then I was very young and don't really remember it all very well! It sounds like one of these days we will both have to do something about that!

      Delete
  5. Ok, ok, ok. I guess I need to look into this Downtown Abbey business. Also, my high school experience is about identical to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taylor, it is so good and so addictive! Not at all what I expected! And why doesn't it surprise me that we have another weird thing like that in common. We're practically twins...well, of course, except that whole husband and four kids bit! :)

      Delete
  6. When I finished DA season 1 on Netflix...I immediately went to iTunes to buy season 2! NOW I have to wait till this winter for season 3 (BOO!) but you are right SO GOOD! I dont think I have ever heard of Rachel Getting Married...but I love Anne Hathaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel Getting Married is not typical Anne Hathaway. It's gritty and rough, but I think it shows the range of an underrated actress!

      Delete
  7. You are going to get me hooked on a new series. I'm going to check it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tami, you totally should! Now I regret waiting this long! (And am considering getting cable just to watch it in the fall!)

      Delete
  8. totally forgot about wedding date! loved it, but thought the book was better. Loved the boat scene in My Best Friends wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get choked up every time I watch that scene. There's something about the finality of it that just gets me!

      Delete
  9. Ah Downtown Abbey :) So good!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...