Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Fighter

I'm spent most of my waking hours today watching the Olympics, reading tweets about the Olympics, or Google-ing things because of something someone said on the Olympics.  The Summer Olympics is my favorite thing that happens every four years, and I tend to get the most out of it.  I'm feeling kind of lousy, too, which isn't exactly keeping me away from my couch.  


So, imagine my surprise when an article on People.com about the absolutely adorable gymnast John Orozco told me something I didn't know.  He plays the lead in the video for what has become the official workout theme song of my latest episode in weight loss, "The Fighter" by Gym Class Heroes featuring Ryan Tedder.  (I could listen to Travie McCoy all day long.  I have no clue what the attraction is, but it's the truth none-the-less.)  I had heard a little about John's story watching the Olympics last night--from the Bronx, family sacrificed so he could follow his dream, persevered through an excruciating injury--but this video did me in.  He is a fighter, for sure.  And I'm glad he's one of the men representing our country.  Give 'em hell, John!







1 comment:

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...