Thursday, July 12, 2012

What Exactly Have I Been Up To?

I have so many things that I should be doing right now.  But I feel like there are things I need to update you on, so brace yourselves.

  • My summer is more than half over.  It makes me sad.  It also makes me panic because I haven't made near the progress that I should on my school prep.  But there's still time!  I just need to focus.  Let's hope.
  • Twitter is pretty much my favorite thing ever.  If you are a Tweeter, you should follow me. (And I will follow you right back!)  I promise I am every bit as intriguing as I am on here, just in real time.  :)
  • I've been working out with my sister early each morning.  I used to think that those people on the weight loss shows who cried the whole time they worked out were wimps.  Let's just say I am rethinking that theory.  Even though it's not fun, it is necessary because I have got to get my weigh under control. 
  • My bathroom project is on hold for a bit after the unfortunate failings of my AC and paying property taxes.  Even though I am a little disappointed, it's also given me a chance to put some new ideas together.  I think that the final project will actually be better than what I was originally planning.  So, I guess that's worth it, right?  *sigh*
  • I'm addicted to low-fat chocolate cake.  For example, I just had some for breakfast.  It's easy to make, and actually tastes pretty good.  (And it's only 5 WW points for 1/12 of the cake!)  All you do is substitute one cup of plain Greek yogurt for the eggs and oil, and add the recommended amount of water from the Devil's food cake mix box.  Bake for 30 minutes and you have a dessert that won't make you hate yourself after eating it.  (Though I am of the opinion that you should enjoy every dessert!)
  • I've really been jonesing for a junking trip.  If I have any money left over from my summer job paycheck, I am going to go and see what I can find.  To look around my house, you would think that there couldn't possibly be another decorative piece I needed, but I find that not to be true.  And yes, I know that's what the hoarders say.  It's just so much fun to hit up all the local places to see what I can find!  Some of my favorite things in my house were found that way.
  • My sister and I have been on a movie kick this summer.  We have seen Madagascar 3, Brave, Magic Mike (c'mon, it was a girls' night out), and Katy Perry: Part of Me (3-D).  All have been varying shades of good, though wildly different, but I think my favorite was the Katy  Perry concert documentary.  It was truly interesting, and you felt as though it was a very real depiction of her.  It might have made me a fan.  
Well, that's an update on me.  (Riveting, right?)  What's new with you?

2 comments:

  1. Summer does go by too quickly! Since June was the "country music month" with the CMA Fest & the Kenny/Tim concert, July is "family month". My daughters were here for the 4th of July week. Tomorrow I head to Ohio for a week with my Dad, sister, brother, and acouple of neices and cousins.
    After the week there I hope to come home and read some fun books and RELAX at home.
    Enjoy your summer days - and congrats on the daily workouts! (I need to do that too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. Katy. Perry.

    I have every intention of renting that when it comes out and watching it while I wear a pink wig and eat one of those giant lollipops.

    No joke.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...