Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 7/11



1. How often do you check the weather? How do you check the weather?


I check the weather all the time because I check it on my phone.  It has one of those handy-dandy little animations right on the home page, so I see it a lot.  I've forgiven the weather for that stretch of terrible days we had there.  I'm thankful it's a little cooler now, and we've at least had some rain.




2. Since this is volume 84 of the Wednesday Hodgepodge, and since I got married in 1984, and since I'm attending a wedding this weekend it only seems right to post something related here.

"Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of vexation; and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life."
Agree or Disagree. Why?


Well, since I'm not married, it's hard to make a real call on this one.  I really think that happiness is a fleeting thing anyway, and that we shouldn't always trust our feelings.  I think that a healthy marriage requires an incredible amount of work on both sides for it to stay healthy.  And that you have to come to some sort of agreement as to how all that is going to work out if you aren't going to be in constant struggle.  (How's that for talking in a big ole circle?)


3. Do you like to dance? Have you ever taken dance lessons?


I don't really dance.  I lack coordination.  For this reason, I also never took lessons.  If I am feeling good enough to start dancing, it's probably time to cut me off.


4. Fresh from the oven peach pie or home made peach ice cream? Pick one.


Home made peach ice cream.  I don't like pie all that much, but I will eat ice cream any day of the week.  Also, peach ice cream in particular always makes me think about all of the times my grandma would take me down to the local greasy spoon as a kid and let me get chicken strips and fries and a big cup of their peach ice cream for dessert.  Makes me smile just thinking about it!


5. Should people accept unfairness and learn to make the best of it?


Yes.  Life isn't fair.  If you spend your entire life focused on how you don't have what you think would make life fair, you will miss out on the joys of life.


6. The top five all time summer movie blockbusters (released between May and August and grossing at least 100 million dollars) are-Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars (the original), Ghostbusters, and ET. Which one's your favorite?


Um, as much as I love movies, none of those really do much for me.  I know, I know.  You'd think I didn't grow up in the 80's.  But here we are.  If I had to pick, I would probably go with Raiders of the Lost Ark, because Harrison Ford is just too much.  (Definitely an old man crush, after my darling Stanley Tucci.



7. If given the chance, would you like to visit the moon?


It would be a pretty amazing experience.  But I'm not sure I would be okay with some of the more uncomfortable things about being an astronaut.  (see: going to the bathroom.)



8. Insert your own random thought here.


You don't realize how amazing AC is until you don't have it.  You also don't realize how used you are to living alone until you aren't.  My parents were awesome and I loved not having to cook and having a nice cool bed to sleep in, but I have grown used to my little routines.  

4 comments:

  1. I am assuming if I'm going to the moon they've worked out all the comforts of home : ) Glad your ac is back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back home! I don't like the inconvenience of not being in my own routine either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love pie and not much of an ice cream gal-family thinks something is wrong with me-LOL! Glad AC is back on. Been extremely hot here but thankful for the rain yesterday and today and cooler temps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...