Sunday, November 11, 2012

Glorious Fall Weekend

Last week was quite a week.  Nothing spectacular, but certainly full of day-to-day stuff.  For instance, if you were wondering what $11,000 of cookie dough looks like, I now know.  It came on a semi and in so many boxes.  SO many boxes.  Meanwhile, I've been prepping my choir for our first Christmas program.  They are actually excited about the music (as am I), and they are learning it faster than I could have dreamed.  For all of us being first-timers (them as a choir, me as a choir director), I will take any victory I can get!  We are running headlong into the busiest time of the year.  It's hard to believe that in a little over a week it will be Thanksgiving.  How did that happen?

Though I have no pictures to show for it, I had a great weekend!  My girls and I got together on Saturday at our favorite winery.  We hadn't been in over a month!  There was a fun band, and it was very busy because it was 72 degrees here on Saturday, but the atmosphere eventually got a little overwhelming.  Jessie, Casey and I ended up at a favorite local place and gorged ourselves until we were pretty sure we were food drunk. And it was worth every bite!  As if that wasn't glorious enough, I ended the night at my parents', listening to my sweet niece's giggles.  I went back over for lunch today (and more giggles) and then came home and took the best nap!  And I might still go to bed early, because now it's rainy and apparently going to go back to being cold and November-ish.

I actually have to work tomorrow, because we don't get Veteran's Day unless it falls during the week, but am off Friday, because we don't go to school on Friday.  (It's Shotgun Season for deer.  And yes, you read that right.)  Anyway you slice it, it's still a four-day week, so I can't really complain!

But the real question is:  Did you all do anything special over the weekend?  I want to hear all about it in the comments!!


1 comment:

  1. This year went by crazy fast!! Glad you're getting Friday off! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...