Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Wednesday Hodgepodge - 3/13
1. Do you play games of luck/chance for money? Have you ever played bingo for money? Visited a casino? Placed a bet on a horse? Bought a lottery ticket?
I do play the occasional game of chance. I haven't ever played bingo for money or bet on a horse, but I have visited a casino (once because it was in our hotel in Puerto Rico and once for my sister's 21st) and bought a lottery ticket (when the jackpot gets up really high, I just can't resist!).
2. Will you be preparing and/or dining on the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage meal this St. Patrick's Day? Mashed-baked-hash browned-french fried...your favorite way to have potatoes?
No corned beef and cabbage for me! But I do love me some potatoes. I will eat them just about any way, but I think fries will always be my favorite! (They are Miss M's favorite, too!)
3. What's the last thing you felt 'green with envy' over?
I don't get seriously jealous very easily, but I often am a little envious of friends who get to travel. It seems like several of my friends (in real life and online) have been getting to do some really fun things recently, and since I almost always have a little bit of wanderlust, I have wanted to go too!
4. What's at the end of your rainbow?
Not to get overly philosophical here, but I think what's at the end of my rainbow is hope. I mean, if the rainbow is a symbol of God keeping his promises, then there's always hope to be found, right?
5. March 12th marks the anniversary of the death of Anne Frank (June 12, 1929-March, 1945). Anne's diary detailing her time spent hiding from the Nazi's during the war ranks as one of the best selling books of all time. Besides your blog, do you keep any sort of diary or journal? Was this a habit you developed as a child or is journaling something new for you?
I really want to journal, but I'm not very good at it. (As evidenced by my infrequent blogging of late.) But I have at different seasons of my life kept a journal. I really enjoy looking back on things I was thinking or feeling (it's usually comical).
6. What's an item in your home or closet that contains every color of the rainbow?
I really enjoy brightly colored things. I have a couple of sketches that are very colorful, my favorite being a sketch of a street in Central America that I picked up at a charity auction. I had to wrestle it out of the hands of another woman who was sure that she'd won it, but it hangs in my entryway and makes me smile every time I see it.
7. Write a limerick with you as the subject. You can do it!! Just remember this is a family friendly blog...don't make me get out my wooden spoon.
I am usually more than glad to play along, but this requires way more brain power than I have currently available. If I get a chance, I will try to write one later. (Form poetry always was my downfall.)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I only have the rest of this week and all of next to survive and the musical will be over. I'm sure it is going to be great, we just have to make it 'til next weekend. Prayers and good wishes are appreciated! :)