Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Wednesday Hodgepodge - 4/10
1. Share one fun thing you did last week, while the Hodgepodge was on 'spring break'.
My life has been pretty routine. I did have a pretty good time at dinner with my parents on Saturday night.
2. April 10th is National Sibling Day...do you have siblings, and if so are you close? Share a favorite story featuring one or all of your siblings. If you don't have siblings, did you ever wish you did?
I have two siblings--one younger brother, one younger sister. We are closer now personally, because we are all closer now geographically. We're spread out in age, so I think that's kind of normal. I don't really have one memory or story in particular, but my favorite times are when we are all together trading barbs or watching Jeopardy. My family values wit and trivial knowledge equally.
3. Is it important to you to 'buy American'? Why or why not? How much of an effort do you make to 'buy American'? If you're not American, insert your own country in the blank.
I do think that it's important, and I should probably do it more than I should. It's not that I don't want to buy US made products. Most of the time, I just don't have the time to worry about if something was made here or not or think to look. I should probably work on that.
4. Besides The Bible, what book has impacted your spirituality in some way?
I feel like anything Beth Moore writes just blows my mind. I feel the same way about Angie Smith. They are women who have such a way with words and imagery, breaking biblical principles down in the most meaningful ways. While I haven't read her books, I feel the same way about Jen Hatmaker's blog. (Jamie, The Very Worst Missionary, too.)
5. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Do you find rainy days calming or depressing? When were you last caught in a rainstorm? What's blooming in your neck of the woods today?
I love rainy days, as long as I am not in the basement with a tornado warning. I should also say that I like an occasional rainy day, too many in a row depresses me. Flowering trees are blooming right now. A few of the flowers are starting to come up, but I think it will still be a week or two before they are really blooming.
6. What's your favorite yellow food?
Hmmm....I really had to think about this one. Probably corn on the cob.
7. April is National Poetry Month...what's a poem that holds special meaning for you, and why is it special?
I'm a poetry person. My favorite poem is ee cummings "i carry your heart (i carry it in". It doesn't really have a special personal meaning. It's just one in which the imagery and words really get to me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Track season begins on Tuesday! It's always my favorite time of the year. Speaking of my favorite things, we are officially one month from summer vacation too. (On a different note altogether, did you guys see the "32" video? Still laughing over that one!)