Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 30: What I Love About My Life

I've never been one of those people who was freaked out by getting older.  I skated from my twenties right into my thirties without a second thought.  But, now that I've been at this a bit, I have to say that I really love my thirties so much more than I ever thought I would.  I am so much more confident in who I am and what I believe.  I'm braver with the choices that I make, even if they are things that I know are out of my comfort zone.  I want to live better and do more and I finally get what being content with your circumstances really means.  It's just amazing.

I have a life I love passionately.  Some days, that passion may look like staying out late laughing with friends and sometimes it looks like lying on the couch watching Netflix.  It's all part of the journey, and it all makes me happy.  I feel like for a really long time, I lived by life very desperately.  I wanted things that other people had because I thought they were the things that would make me happy.  Some of those things, like marriage, are still things I would like to do, if the right circumstances came along.  Others, I now see, aren't part of where I am supposed to be, and that has to be okay.  It's weird to have developed this sort of life philosophy because I think I am one of the least navel gazing people I know.  I don't sit around and think about this kind of thing all the time.  But lately, it's just been where my head has been, and I've actually enjoyed the revelations.

Anyway, part of this wonderful life is the people who read this blog.  You, my people, are such a fantastic group, and I have really enjoyed getting to know you.  Especially those of you who came along for the ride on this 30 Day Challenge.  I think we've had a pretty good time, and if nothing else, it's gotten me back into the habit of posting regularly.  And I'm really hoping that's something I can keep up with.  (Still probably won't be every day, but we'll see how it goes.)  Thanks for being you!  You don't know how great it is to have you all for "imaginary" friends.

**No linky today.  You can leave your blog address in the comments, though!**


2 comments:

  1. Hey Katie!
    Thanks for doing this! I had a lot of fun!
    http://livelaughlovewithoutlimits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for hosting this, Katie! It was so fun to get to know some new blogging friends.

    http://dougandjhona.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...