Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 7: My Favorite Movies

If you haven't picked up the theme, I'm an entertainment junkie.  Last time I answered these questions, I really went to town with the answers, and most of them are still true.  So, to make it a little different this time, I'm going to narrow my list down to five all-time favorites, five current favorites, and five movies that I really want to see.

My All-Time Favorites

The American President - Aaron Sorkin dialogue at its best.  When Michael Douglas says he "IS the President of the United States," I dare you not to stand up and cheer.

Bull Durham - It's both a love story and a baseball movie.  And Kevin Costner is about as handsome and manly as they come.

White Christmas - It's not Christmas until I have watched this movie over and over again.  Rosemary Clooney and Bing Crosby, c'mon!

Some Kind of Wonderful - I think this is my favorite 80's movie. The ending makes me tear up every single time, because in high school, I so often wanted to be the girl the guy best friend chose.  And let's just say that doesn't always happen in real life.

Mean Girls - Tina Fey changed the game for teen movies with this one.  And it was packed with great comedic acting by a cast that has gone on to be very successful.  (Well, mostly...)


My Current Favorites

Pitch Perfect  - I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have watched this movie.  Anna Kendrick is one of my favorite actress right now, and how hilarious is Rebel Wilson!?!

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Dazzling, talented young cast, and a story that just floored me.  I sobbed through a huge portion of this one.  But it was so very well done!

Struck By Lightning - This was written by Chris Colfer, Kurt on Glee, and was a pleasant surprise when I watched it on Netflix this week.  It was funny, but with a real depth that haunts you a little after it ends.

Easy A/Crazy Stupid Love - Yes, these are two completely different movies tonally, but they have one of my favorite actresses in common.  Emma Stone is one of those actresses that you know will be around decades from now still blowing us all away with her skills (like a Meryl Streep).

The Help - The book was so well-written and the movie stuck to that in best ways.  Jessica Chastain's portrayal of Cecelia breaks my heart.  (And the rest of the cast are no slouches either!)


Movies I Want To See

The Heat - Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy in a buddy cop movie?  I'm in.

Monsters University - The prequel to Monsters Inc. and looks to be another Pixar triumph.

Despicable Me 2 - I am in love with the minion.  And "It's so fluffy!" may or may not be one of my favorite movie quotes ever.

Much Ado About Nothing - Joss Whedon does Shakespeare, shot in his own home over a few days.

The Family - Just saw a trailer for this one last night.  Looks like an interesting action/comedy.


3 comments:

  1. Your lists are great! I have seen many of those that you mentioned and have a few more added to my must watch list. My hubby is gone for a bit and I spend my evenings catching up on movies and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to watch some of these. I freakin' love Pitch Perfect! It almost made my favorite film list for this blog post. I don't normally like those type of movies like "Dumb and Dumber", "American Pie" types. I thought "Pitch Perfect" would be like that, but oh was I wrong. SO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bull Durham is on my "best list" too. Kevin Costner plays an adorable guy, and he looks pretty darn hot in this movie. I love all the classic lines... "oh my!"

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...