1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?
I called both sets of grandparents Grandma and Grandpa, then just added their first names. However, the great-grandkids call my two living grandmothers Gigi and Granny Jo, so that's what I call them the most these days.
2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? If you were to take a trip along the California Coast what's one attraction you'd have on your must-see list?
I have never been to California. I would be happy to see any of it, Obviously, the iconic figures like the Golden Gate Bridge would be on my list.
3. What are three things you don't know how to do?
Knit, Sew, Crochet. Many have tried to teach me. All have failed.
4. Tom Peters is quoted as saying, 'Celebrate what you want to see more of.' If that's true what will you celebrate and more importantly, how will you celebrate?
I'm trying very hard to celebrate love and the lifting up of others. This is easier some days than others. Yesterday, for instance, instead of being bitter about Valentine's Day, I donated to a couple of causes I believe deeply in, and did some not-so-random acts of kindness. I'm celebrating small victories, every single day.
5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds?
I love almonds. I will eat them in anything or raw. I don't like salted almonds, though.
6. What does Saturday morning look like at your house?
If things go well, I'm cozy in my pajamas watching a little television or reading a book.
7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter.
I haven't made much progress on my book goal for the month, but my favorite book of the winter so far is definitely Forward by Abby Wambach. I basically read it in one sitting. It's well-written and a great look at what gives someone the drive to work toward that level of greatness and the toll it can take, as well.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This is one of my busiest weeks of the winter. I'm booked every night with some school obligation or the other and I'm just tired. But next week looks tame by comparison.