Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge (Because I'm Averaging One a Month)


1. Setting aside the real March Madness (NCAA Basketball) describe something happening at your house this month that might earn the title 'March Madness'?

I put on a musical with about 70 or so kids participating and it happens to end right at the end of the month.  This year we are doing Beauty and the Beast and the music is difficult and the costumes are elaborate, and did I mention all the children??  Pretty much everything about my life right now is madness.


2. What's a favorite made up word from your childhood or a favorite from your children's childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there's a story behind the origin please share.


I don't really recall one from my own childhood.  I was a dramatic kid, but I'm not sure that I ever had a made up word.


3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick (under one hour) spring cleaning tasks. They were-

clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don't get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets

Of the fifteen 'quick' tasks listed which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them?


Oh, Joyce, I need to do all 15 of these.  But, all of them will have to wait until I get to spring break.  I have several home improvement/cleaning projects that I'm hoping to get done during that time off. To answer the question, I will go with dusting the nooks and crannies and cleaning out drawers.  


4. A favorite movie set in Paris or New York?


I really had to think about this one, but I finally settled on the first (and only good) Sex In The City movie.  I don't think it gets much more New York City than that.  If I really went digging, I'm sure I could come up with a few more.


5. What's put a spring in your step this month?


The fact that it feels like spring again for the most part.  It warmed up early in February, but then we had a cold snap and even some brief snows before it warmed up again in the last week or so.  I'm ready for it to feel like spring, but the summer heat can take its time.  


6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not?


I spent all of high school and one and half years of college saying that I didn't want to be a teacher.  My mom taught kindergarten most of my life and my dad teaches high school vocational classes (auto body and repair).  I couldn't imagine going into education until I did AmeriCorps.  I worked with at-risk kids and loved it, and after that there wasn't really any doubt what I was going to be.  I've been teaching for 14 years now and I can't imagine loving anything else.



7.  What's your favorite floral scent? Do you have this somewhere in your home or maybe in a perfume? How do you feel about florals in food? How about wines with floral notes-yay or nay?

I like the smell of real flowers, but I don't enjoy floral candles or anything like that.  I'm more of a vanilla or coconut type of girl.  And as much as I enjoy wine, I'm never good at determining what notes are in them.  If it doesn't taste like the bottom of an oak barrel, I'll probably drink it.


8. Insert your own random thought here.


I've been having weird dreams for the last week or so.  They wake me up and then I go back to sleep and have a different weird dream and I pretty much do this all night.  I'm not sure what's causing it, but I would really like for it to stop.

1 comment:

  1. I know it is so much work, extra hours, lots of frustration, and hard on the nerves, but bravo for putting on a show. Those are some of my girls favorite school year memories. Hubs and I still say our absolute favorite version of Guys and Dolls is my youngest daughter's 8th grade performance, and we've seen the Broadway version : ) She was Adelaide and she stole the show. I get a little teary just thinking of it now. Hang in there, and I hope you have a wonderful restful well-deserved spring break!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...