Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simple Pleasures!

I love blogging almost as much as I love talking!  But, the problem is that these next two weeks are going to almost enough to make me certifiably insane, so if there are some gaps in my blogging don't be alarmed.  Considering that I just got back from Jr. Beta Convention yesterday, have Senior Night on Friday, Spirit Week and Homecoming all next week and a bunch of work do for my gifted class, I'm remarkably calm.  Of course, I might also be in denial.  Kind of hard to tell.  I made a promise to myself recently (during Chrysalis actually) that I will only get upset about things that have eternal value.  And as nice at it is to put a big community event together, it doesn't fit the criteria.  I want it to be the best it can be, but I'm just not seeing the need to stress.  Of course, talk to me again next Saturday and I might be whistling a different tune!

Kelly blogged today about simple pleasures.  Even reading her list made me happy!  So here's my own little list:
  • warm towels right out of the dryer
  • Hershey's Kisses
  • snow days
  • being curled up my own comfy bed
  • unexpected good news
  • lasagna
  • the way Maia says "Aunt Katie"
  • hearing my favorite song on the radio
  • having a little extra time to take the long way home
  • the llama farm (it's a bit of an obsession, really)
  • singing with the girls
  • finding a good sale on cute clothes
  • the smell of my clothes when I've left the Reichert farm house
  • getting the giggles
  • holding a new baby
  • accidentally finding a rerun of my favorite episode of my favorite TV show
I could go on and on.  But I won't because I have senior biographies to type and lists to make and miles to go before I sleep...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...