Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 16: Something I Am OCD About

If you know me very well, you know that there are very few things that I am OCD about.  But here are a couple.
  • This one I picked up from my mom, so at least we know who to blame.  (ha!)  When loading items onto the conveyor belt at the grocery store, I have to group all the cold items together first, then all the other things. 
  • I need pictures to be straight on the wall.  If they aren't, it really bugs me.  It doesn't matter how much junk is on the floor, if the pictures on the wall aren't straight, I won't be able to sleep.
  • All my CDs and DVDs are in alphabetical order.  And there are separate places for TV on DVD and movies.  But always alphabetical order.
  • Music and photo files are organized on my computer according to my system.  It's not exactly full-proof, but when I move things around it takes me days to find the right files. 
So what we've learned here is that most of my issues are related to food or entertainment.  Wonder what that says about me? 

And what about you?  What are you OCD about?

4 comments:

  1. things I didn't include on my OCD blog...I too am a grocery store grouper - CDs and DVDs in alpha order - AND my closet is in rainbow color order.

    we're sick people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah - that's not OCD. The grocery thing is just common sense - it helps ensure that they'll get packed correctly. And the rest is just good organization.

    Now if you can't sleep at night knowing a CD is out of order . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my dvds in alphabetical order as well. Just makes it easier to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, my closet is in rainbow order too. I like knowing what's clean in certain colors. Glad to know you all don't think my little routines are weird.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...