Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Having A Moment: The Royal Edition

Can I just say how excited I was when I found out this morning that Prince William and Kate Middleton are officially engaged?  I mean, I'm sure that my congratulations is the one that they have been waiting for, but seriously, how much fun is the idea of a royal wedding?  And that he proposed with his mother's ring?  So sweet.

Maybe what really gets me is the idea of the commoner becoming a princess.   What little girl didn't have that dream one or twice growing up?  It's like a real-life fairy tale.  And they've waited for eight years.  That takes a ridiculous amount patience.  (Do I hear an amen, ladies?)  More over, I guess it just seems like they really do like one another.  In candid pictures from vacations or weddings, they are always so cute, smiling and laughing.  (And I think it's hilarious that she was quoted as saying that she finds his RAF uniform "so, so sexy.")  I can't imagine all the stress and pressures that would come with that kind of position, but I like they they seem to be pretty down-to-earth considering. 

It's just nice to hear happy news when you turn on the TV.  (Though I'm sure that the wedding watch will wear out, even for those of us on this side of the pond.)  I love to hear people's engagement stories anyway, even if I don't know them, because they are all so happy.  I was obsessed with Princess Diana as a kid, and even if she didn't really get a happy ending, it's nice to know her son might. 

2 comments:

  1. Very fancy stuff! I never really had the "princess" dream.
    I know.
    What kind of girl am I?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allow me to rephrase--I don't guess every girl has that princess dream. Some girls dream of lumberjacks instead...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...