Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 5: My Favorite Quote

Whatever you are, be a good one. --Abraham Lincoln


I love this quote, and just not because he's in Illinoisan. This quote especially speaks to me as a teacher. I believe that everyone is capable of greatness. I also know that not everyone is a brain surgeon (trust me, the world is much better off not to have me passing out during surgery for sure!). I believe that the greatness comes in doing whatever you do well and with pride. The world needs all of us to get along. My classroom wouldn't be clean enough for the students if someone didn't sweep the floor. They wouldn't have food to eat without cooks, or get to school without bus drivers. Too many people put focus on the people in positions of wealth or fame, and that's all good and fine. I believe that Mr. Lincoln had the right idea about what is truly important. And I hope a little of that inspiration rubs off on my students.

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote! Good ol Abe :)
    (and thanks for your comments! I really enjoy your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I enjoy yours as well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...