Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's Election Day! So, Go Vote Already!

Here's a very nice editorial from a local paper on today's topic of choice. 
http://www.thesouthern.com/news/opinion/article_d3af6442-e636-11df-8020-001cc4c03286.html

And the following is an unpaid advertisement for our nation's political system hosted by me:

I was really disappointed this morning when ABC reported that it was predicted that only 23% of registered voters would vote today.  I think this is especially annoying because I find this Congressional election year to be especially important, not to mention the state races.   I mean, c'mon people!  Across the US today, we will vote on who will fill 435 Representative Seats, 37 Senate seats, and countless other state and local offices.  I don't really care if you are a Democrat, a Republican or nothing of the sort, get out and vote!  It's your civic duty and your responsibility.  We are lucky enough to live in a country that allows us to select our leaders, and even in times as political toxic as these, we have to remember that.  As a woman, I always think of the women who fought with everything they had to secure women the right to vote at all.  So, even if I am disillusioned at the state of things, I can't help but think of Susan B. Anthony and Alice Paul and all the other amazing women whose fight gave me a ballot.  Besides, if you don't use your voice in the ballot box, you can't complain about the leaders who are elected!  (And we all know I can't stand to miss a chance to complain! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...