Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Springing Into The Hodgepodge



1. Sunday was the first day of spring. So they say. Ahem.  What is your favorite outdoor springtime activity?
     I love being able to go walking.  On Saturday, I went walking with my camera which was extra fun.  The weather's been great here, unseasonably warm, in fact.  I know that not everyone has been that lucky!  (Hi, neighbors to the north, northeast, and northwest!  I'd share if I could!)

2. Who would you want to come into your kitchen to cook dinner for you?
     Ideally, Paula Deen.  But I don't have a deep fryer, so maybe we should just go to her house.  In real life, my friend, Casey.  She's an excellent cook and pretty hilarious, too.  Can't beat that combo!

3. When did you last fly a kite?
     I can't remember, it's been so long.  Maybe at Michael's 20th birthday party?  (He's 30 now.)  We had a theme of "childhood birthdays" and I think we may have had kites.  (Girls?  Do you remember?  I know we had a styrofoam airplane.)  If not, I have no clue.

4. What topic puts you to sleep faster than anything?
     Economics.  I don't understand a lot about it and numbers are not my thing.  It should be said that I tend to be a little ADD, so even topics I like in large doses tend to do me in.

5. Which flowers do you associate with specific people, places, or events?
     What an interesting question!  I associate lots of flowers with Miss Mildred, because she lets me photograph her "garden rooms" in the spring.  I always think of Mom's irises in May, all purple and tall.  And I can't see a gerbera daisy without thinking of Sheena (they are her favorite) or Lauren's bridal boutique.  When I think of Lily of the Valleys, I think of Grandma Betty, because she hates that hymn and my dad used to get one for her in the spring as a joke.   And when I think of roses, I think of the big, fat ones that grow in front of my Uncle Bobby's house.  (Apparently, I have a lot of people/flower associations.  Who knew?)

6. What significant historical events took place during your elementary school days?
     Hmmmm...the Berlin Wall came down when I was in 4th grade, I think.  (I really should be able to spit more of these out since I'm a history teacher and all.)   

7. Do you swear? Do you pseudo-swear? (You know crap, shoot, friggin'?)
     I have to admit that I do tend to swear.  But I'm really trying to do it only when it's fully warranted.  (Try being the operative word!)  I do pseudo-swear quite a bit too.

8. I am officially ready for Spring Break!  I still have another week and a half to go, but it's just about all I can think about.  I think it's worse because I actually have very exciting plans! 

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy walking to the park on a nice Spring day.
    Just the other day my son and I took such a walk, sat down by the shoals, and had mother - son time. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that theme idea for an adult birthday celebration. Gonna file that one away for a future party!

    We're being pummeled with snow today. I'm ready for a 'spring break' too : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. My school had Spring Break last week. I'm on a countdown to May now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of schools around here did. We normally take it the week before Easter, but had to move it this year because of HS state tests. I'll just be glad when it gets here, whenever it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for you for spring break. We didn't get a spring break because of all the snow days we missed. I tend to swear too much-trying to really, really tone it down a little. I don't say the harsh words (is one harsher than the others??), but anger builds and I let my togue fly off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember kites. I remember a duck cake and a twinkie cake. Maybe we should have an un-birthday for someone so we can fly kites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was the one we had in the park and he had a Scooby-Doo Cake. I can't remember if we had kites or not, and can't find any of my pictures because they are filed with my pre-digital stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...