Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Movie Confession

You all should know by now that I love movies.  I have over 200 in my collection and am always looking for something else.  But I have to confess that there are many movies that are considered classics, or at least commonly referenced in pop culture, that I haven't ever seen.  Here's my running list thus far:
  • The Deer Hunter
  • Cinema Paradiso
  • Last Tango In Paris
  • Sophie's Choice
  • The Godfather
  • Broadcast News
  • October Sky
  • Love Story
  • Tootsie
  • Rocky
  • Chapter Two (which is a Pioneer Woman recommendation)
  • Norma Rae
  • Gone With The Wind
  • Annie Hall
  • Raging Bull
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • It Happened One Night
  • Harold and Maude
  • Citizen Kane
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • The Graduate
I also have a list of movies that I saw when I was younger (my parents were never particularly strict when it came to movies) and I really need to watch again because I am pretty sure I would see them differently as an adult:
  • Thelma and Louise
  • Parenthood
  • Casablanca
  • An Officer and a Gentleman
  • How To Make an American Quilt
  • Schindler's List
  • Moonstruck
  • Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
  • E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
This is by no means a complete list and I'm sure to keep adding to it.  The question is:  What are your must-see movies?  I would love to hear more suggestions in the comments!  I posted a list of some of my favorites here.

2 comments:

  1. You haven't seen Gone with the Wind?! Have you read the book. The book is fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Taylor Nope, I haven't read the book either! The list of books I should have read is even longer!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...