Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 10/5


1. What's your favorite meal to serve on a chilly autumn evening?

      By now you know that I don't really cook.  If I was answering this about my kitchen it would probably be a can of veggie soup.  But if we are talking about my favorite thing to eat on a chilly evening, it would have to be my dad's chili or a big plate of lasagna. (Which I can cook, but rarely do!)


2. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.

    I think we all are to some degree.  I do like routines, but I don't freak out if something doesn't go exactly as planned.  I try to be as flexible as possible, but if you take advantage of that--look out!  My days do tend to follow a routine, but more because my life is so scheduled at work, and less because I am.

3. What food product (no longer readily available) do you remember and miss from days gone by?

     I am really having trouble thinking of something.  I used to be really addicted to Mr. Phipps Pretzel Chips.  But I have managed okay without them.  I don't usually have any trouble finding something new to love. 

4. What's something you've lost that you've never been able to find? Any theories as to what happened?

     I am always losing something.  Once I lost my Social Security card for, I don't know, six months, but it eventually turned up.  I've always been pretty lucky with important things.  Now, if it comes to socks, I will never understnad how you can start a load with matched pairs and come up missing a sock when you are folding.

5. Zoo~circus~ carnival...your favorite?

    Zoo!  If I lived closer to a zoo, I would be there all the time.  As it is, the nearest one is about three hours away, so it has to be a special trip.  There's just something about animals that I find completely fascinating.  I know people have very mixed feeling about zoos, but I think that it's the only way people can be educated and some species can be protected at this point and time.

6. What song makes you feel instantly happy?

     Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison.  It never fails to make me smile.  Same way with Whenever I See Your Smiling Face by James Taylor.

7. To what extent are you an argumentative person?

     Oh Joyce, you are hitting all the right buttons today!  I am argumentative if I know for a fact I am right.  However, I am much more likely to prove it, than to argue about it in words.  I have a longish fuse, but a very hot temper.  I will keep my mouth shut for a long time, but when I have finally had enough, I'm done with you.  I've been told by friends that others may have bigger tempers, but I am the one that they really don't want to make mad.  I've mellowed some, but I can still go at an issue when need be.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

    Short weeks seem to go by the slowest.  This weekend is a four-day weekend, and wading through the four days it takes to get to it is grating my nerves.  And I know that when it does get here it will fly by like nothing else!  But I'm okay with that because next weekend is Sheena's wedding!  (It doesn't seem real that it's that close, but here we are!)

7 comments:

  1. While I like short weeks, as a teacher, I really pay for them the following weeks when the kids don't want to settle in and Friday seems so far away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @auburnchick We have several shorts weeks coming up. (In fact, I think we only have four full weeks from now until Christmas break!) But I agree with you that once you are off the normal schedule, it's a pain to get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain on short weeks going so slow and the long weekend going fast.

    Enjoy your weekend, when it does get here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I feel like I don't fully utilize my local zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Zoo too. I just HATE the one near us. It is sad to go to. My In-Laws have an amazing zoo about an hour away from their house and we always go when we visit them. In fact when we were there for 3 months last summer the girls and I went 6 times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. socks just seem to be ate by the dryer... Either that or the washer eats them... LOL! My hubby tends to be missing one of his for work each week... I think its the evil dryer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been on holiday this past week. Holiday weeks go by at the speed of light. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...