As if that isn't enough, the stomach flu has come to roost at work. I have had at least two or three kids out each day with it and it's been nasty. I'm hoping the weekend will kill the germs! Especially because we start the special hell that is state testing next week. Remind me to tell you exactly how I feel about standardized tests sometime...)
Other than that not-so-nice stuff, it is Friday! If that's not something to get excited about I don't know what is. You need more? Here's a list:
- Summer vacation is just 11 weeks away!
- We are kicking off that vacation with the 5th Annual Girls On The Road Trip: Chicks Take VA Edition!
- I am halfway through the extra class I am teaching and next week is Spring Break, so I get the whole week off. (Of course, I am filling that in with some concession stand working, but it could totally be worse!)
- I have a day off two weeks from now, and my favorite band is playing that night! Is that serendipity or what?
- It's almost sandal season! (Which means it's time to put aside a little pedicure money!)
- It's almost track season! Despite not looking the part, I love coaching track. It's one of my favorite things I do during the school year.