Friday, September 14, 2012

Another Installment of Celebrity News

I realize that cool people aren't supposed to care about what celebrities do.  Lucky for you (or maybe unlucky for you), I've never really been that cool.  Which brings me to another installment of celebrity news...

  • Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds get married! --- Please tell me I'm not the only who gets irrationally happy for seemingly nice celebrities like these two crazy kids.  This is definitely the best thing to come out of The Green Lantern!  I'm glad they were able to have a private day without all the paparazzi insanity, and they couldn't have chosen a more beautiful city to have it in (Charleston, SC).  Also, I'm pretty sure they owe it to humanity to have a bunch of really genetically gifted babies.  (Beautiful, funny, and fashionable--it's just too much!)  Good thing Blake says she'd have 30 if she could!
  • Britney Spears makes the best comeback since Robert Downey, Jr.--- Who is that well-dressed, sometimes bespectacled woman now judging on the X Factor?  That's right, it's Britney!  She's back and she's fantastic, if a little brutally honest, in her new role.  This is what a successful comeback looks like.  (Lindsay Lohan, are you paying attention?)  I don't think anyone thought this was going to be possible with Brit was shaving her head and wielding an umbrella.  But, she's got this with class to spare.  Speaking of...Hey, Christina A., you hear with your ears, not your breasts...you can put the girls away and still judge vocal talent. 
  • The X Factor --- I was not a fan of the show last season, but I have to admit that I am loving what I am seeing so far this season.  The new mix of judges was sheer genius and some of the talent has been amazing.  Did you see the 13 year-old who sang Nina Simone's "Feeling Good" ?  Because I teach 13 year-olds and I can tell you right now that is not normal, but it's pretty darn amazing.
  • Fall TV Premieres ---- The fall TV season has begun and I am loving it!  The Glee premiere has been so very good (Parenthood broke my heart on Tuesday night, too), and there are so many great premieres to come.  (I've been pouring over my Fall TV Entertainment Weekly since it came!)  What new or returning shows are you excited about?
  • Jessica Simpson's post-baby figure --- I definitely think that we are entirely too tough on new moms to kick the baby weight the minute they move off the birthing table.  But I have always had a soft spot for Jessica that defies reason.  While she may not be as thin as Hollywood would like to see her, I think she is already looking pretty fantastic by regular woman standards.  
C'mon, I know I'm not the only TV watching, celebrity following, just trying to amuse herself through a Friday girl out there.  There's a lot of really terrible things going on in the world, I get that, but sometimes you just need some fluff.  Join me in the comments to share your opinion on the stories I've mentioned above, or to get my thoughts on ones you have been thinking about!  Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I've given up on all singing talent shows. If they would just let them sing it would be great, but I'm tired of the drama and then the bad singers. I just have to look in the mirror and sing if I want to see someone sing badly.

    Now give me drama and fashion...I'm there. Project Runway and Glee at the same time. I'm going to have to do major juggling when Person of Interest comes back on at the same time slot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't watch the singing shows until it gets to the competition part. I hate watching all the bad singers. I don't think it's funny at all.

      Glee has me so ready for whatever they have planned for this season! The premiere was everything I had hoped it would be.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to Nashville. I love Connie Britton although she'll always be Tammy Taylor' to me : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited about Nashville as well! I've loved Connie Britton since her days on Spin City, and of course on FNL. All the advance press says that it will be the top new drama this season.

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to Nashville too. Katie: Alert! The CMA Fest Music Special will be aired THIS Monday night at 8pm on ABC. I know you were there for some of it so you will definitely want to tune in. Also, Ryan and Blake got married in my "neck of the woods" and it was big local news. They were good at keeping everything hush hush til it was over. I hope they have a long, happy marriage. (I was sad when Ryan and Scarlett broke up.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me! I definitely want to see that special!

      I'm really hoping Ryan and Blake stay together too. They seem to really suit one another.

      Delete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...