Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Is Here!

I know that technically fall doesn't arrive until later this week, but the weather here recently has been amazing.  (This morning not withstanding, since it's rainy and humid as all get out!)  I made the most of it this weekend, for sure!  Even though I have no pictures to show for it because I am a terrible slacker who left her camera at home.

Friday, I went over to my parents' and hung out.  We had chili and BBQ and watched movies, which was a really nice and relaxed way to end an otherwise hectic week.  Saturday was probably the most unexpected but fun day I've had in a while.  I got up early to set-up the concession stand for a baseball tourney.  The weather was gorgeous and the boys won, so no complaints here.  (Other than the whole getting up early on a Saturday thing.)  After my shift was completed, I headed home for a quick nap and to freshen up, then met Casey at the winery for some wine and our favorite local band!  Another friend (Cynthia) was already there, so we visited and ate spinach-artichoke dip and drank way more wine than we intended.  It was a blast!
Casey's family was a player short for their charity trivia team, so I  ended up joining that party.  I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time!  We tied for first place (though by our records should have won), though I guess that shouldn't matter because all the money was going to a good cause anyway.

Sunday, I was a basically a slug from all of Saturday's festivities, but I did manage to go get the groceries that I've needed for more than a week and have dinner with my little sister.  (Who will be starting her first big girl nursing job within the month.  Yay!)  The best news is that this fun weekend stands to be repeated over the next three with the arrival of Tara and the coming of my birthday!  And I promise I will bring my camera from now on!

Did you do anything fun this weekend?  Please share with the class in the comment section.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend. The weather was spectacular and that is continuing into today. I think the rain comes on Tuesday. My birthday is tomorrow but essentially I've been celebrating since last week : )

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...