Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Wednesday Hodgepodge - 11/28
1. With that being said I think I need to dive right in to some Christmas related questions, don't you? Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow? What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion?
I prefer to wrap with a bag and a bow because I am the worst at wrapping with wrapping paper. And currently not a single one of my gifts are wrapped. I have given two of my Christmas presents already though. I bought my parents tickets to a concert that happened on Sunday (Annie Moses Band) so, I kind of had to give those early. And my little sister, LuLu, picked out a great bracelet when we were shopping a couple weeks ago, and I let her keep it rather than take it back and have her pretend to be surprised.
2. What is one item on your Christmas list this year?
I finally broke down and put a Nook on my list this year. Not one of the fancy ones, just one of the simple readers. As much as I love a real book, it will make it easier to borrow books from my parents since they have both gone digital.
3. What makes a home?
A home is somewhere you are comfortable and have people who love you. It doesn't have to be the place you sleep at night, but it certainly can be. Some of my favorite homes were/are not my own.
4. Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday on Hodgepodge Day-November 28th. Are you a fan of the Motown sound? If so, who's your favorite Motown artist and/or song? Here's a list in case you're stuck.
I am a huge Motown fan! When I was very young, maybe three or four, my dad taught me all the songs on The Big Chill soundtrack. (Still one of my very favorites!) I think that my favorites would have to be "Ain't To Proud to Beg" by The Temptations and "Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin. (Which was written by Carole King!)
5. Red or green-which one is more prevalent in your closet?
I would have to say blue. But my favorite cardigan is grass green and I would wear it every day if I could.
6. True or false-bacon makes it better? If you answered true, what's your favorite dish made with bacon?
Bacon makes it better, for sure! I love green beans with bacon! But I am from far enough south that we will put bacon with anything!
7. Share a favorite holiday memory.
Is it bad that one doesn't stand out right away? We have a lot of little traditions that make the holiday, so it's hard to just have one. Though I have to believe that our best holidays are ahead of us, watching my niece experience it all!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've talked about it before, but when I win the Powerball, I have big plans. Most of them involve going to the beach and going to NYC. And I'm perfectly okay with that.