Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Wednesday Hodgepodge - 5/1
1. This week's Hodgepodge is Volume 123. What's something you've done recently that was as easy as 1-2-3?
I just finished reading Silver Linings Playbook and read it in two sittings (probably could have done it in one, but I was sleepy). It was so good, a very easy read, and now I really want to see the movie. (Jennifer Lawrence is quickly climbing my list of favorite actresses. She's just so real!)
2. The Wednesday Hodgepodge also happens to fall on the first day of May ...what is something you may do this month?
This month I will start summer vacation, so I may go on some random adventures with my sister, mother, or assorted friends. I may also spend more time hanging with my niece, since this seeing her once every couple of weeks is just not working for this auntie!
3. The Englishman Horace Walpole is credited as saying, "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think" How do you see it?
Life is often funny. Not in a "ha ha" way, but in an odd, ironic way. And I think if you go around feeling everything, it can also be pretty intense. That said, I don't know that I totally agree with old Horace's statement. I think that it's rare for someone to go around only feeling or only thinking. Most people are a combination of both. Perhaps, I'm thinking too much about this whole thing...
4. May is National Hamburger Month...how often do you eat a burger? What are your must-haves when it comes to burgers? I assume you vegetarians won't be celebrating so tell us what you'd like instead?
I love a good burger, but I don't eat them very often. No real reason other than that raw meat grosses me out to no end. So, if I have one, it's usually one someone else fixed. I would make a terrible vegetarian, because I do really like beef. (Perhaps it's the farm girl in me.)
5. Pansies, petunias, geraniums, impatiens...of the four mentioned, which is your favorite in a patio pot? Will there be pots on your patio this spring? (Or whenever spring comes to your part of the globe?) Who does the gardening at your house?
I have always really like pansies. However, I have terrible luck with things that flower, so I tend to stick to my leafy plants. If there's any gardening to be done at my house, I'm certainly the one that has to do it. Other than cutting the grass, which mercifully, my father does.
6. When did you last (literally or figuratively) shout "Mayday, Mayday!"
For as independent as I try to be, I often end up being a damsel in distress. One of the most recent times that comes to mind was when I was trying to de-ice my car and ended up running into a very scared mouse, who also scared me. Long story short, I had to run next door and get one of my neighbors to deal with the furry little problem. You can read the whole story here.
7. Say farewell to your April in ten words or less.
I will miss your track meets most of all.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm officially back to at least semi-regular blogging! I still have a couple weeks left of school, but am going to try to pick up my posting around here, including announcing a very special event for June that I hope you will all consider being a part of!